School is just a few short days away!! I cannot believe it! My kids are all so excited. They can't wait to see all the friends that they missed over the summer, to meet their new teachers, wear their new clothes and they are especially excited for all that homework that they get to do... :) hehehe! They are excited, but they could probably do without the homework! Avery will be going all day now since she is in first grade. I think Savannah is going to be lost without her. They are very close. But thankfully Emma and Ella, my darling twin nieces, will be coming over for a couple of days a week, so Vannah will have someone to play with during the day. (I'll post first day of school pix when I get them)
I just have to say... I love being a mom! Nothing compares to the joy of having kids that call you mom and come running up to give you a hug, just because. Or seeing the little things that they do each day to make you smile, or watching them grow into young adults that make you so proud.
Look at me, I'm getting all sentimental. It's because school is starting and I feel like time is simply flying by. Maddie will be in fifth grade! She is only 2 years away from Young Women's and Junior high! Stop time, STOP!!! :)
But I love my kids more and more each day because each day they bring a little bit of Heaven into our home. Each day they make me laugh at some silly little thing they do or say. And each day I'm reminded that I need to savor those silly little things. They are so amazing, wonderful, beautiful and talented! I know that you all feel the same way about your own kids, but since this is my blog, I'm going to brag...just a little bit! :)
I hope that everyone is doing fabulous! Please feel free to send me your blogs, if you have one and/or blogs of other family members and friends that I might not have. I would love to see how all of your families are doing. Have a great first week of school!!! I love you all!
(The picture is of Danny and Maddie at the Jordin Sparks concert this summer. Yes, she looks WAY too old!)




2 comments:
I love your "new look" on your blog! So how did school go for everyone? Mason did pretty good yesterday too, but the buses were late and he didn't get home until 5:00! Sheesh. I'll probably put a picture up soon too.
Hey...found you on RaNae's blog. That is a cute pic..how did you like being crowded in with all of those people? It is a crazy mad house everytime I go there.
Post a Comment