Thursday, February 10, 2011

Playing Catch up...Again!


Why is it so hard for me to keep up with this blog? I LOVE doing it! So why is it so hard? I guess it's because I know that when I sit down to start blogging, I'm going to be in front of this computer for a long while. I love bragging about my family and telling about our adventures in life, so it sometimes takes me a while. It's the same with facebook. I don't get on very often because I get sucked in to every one's news and before I know it 2 hours have flown by! Oh well. I try and that's what counts...right?! ;) Anywho, a bit of an update on the various happenings in our little corner of the world...

Danny continues to sing and perform and melt hearts everywhere with his milk-chocolaty voice. He is getting ready to record his second solo album! It is going to be more religious based songs. I'm not sure of the release date, but we will let everyone know when it happens. He is also headed to Kansas to record more songs for After Daybreak (the trio) and another music video. They plan to do 7 songs and a video in 3 days...we'll see! ;) He loves his day job and works hard to bring home the bacon. In fact, because of the day job we will be moving to California within the month...probably. We have found renters for our home here in Lehi, we just need to find a house in Cali. We want a slightly bigger home so that if family or friends want to come and visit, they can. (hint, hint)

Maddie is enjoying 7th grade. She works so hard and is a 4.0 student. Yup, her first two report cards have been nothing but A's!! I'm so proud of her! The closest I came to 4.0 was 3.9 because Mr. Ingersol gave me an A-. Oh well. I'm glad that she is having success in school and hope that her transition from Lehi to somewhere in Northern California will be a smooth one. Maddie loves going to Young Women's and works hard on personal progress. She is also learning how to cook and makes a pretty mean batch of sugar cookies!! And we can't wait to see her interpretation of a Napkin in her school's upcoming production of "Beauty and the Beast". We love having her babysit for us, not just because it's nice not having to call and find a babysitter...she just does an awesome job taking care of her brother and sisters. Although she will be sad to leave friends and family in Utah, she is excited for the change that California will bring. Which is a great relief to me!

Morgan stays super busy entertaining his friends and just being plain cool!! He is such an awesome kid and is so much fun to be around. He begged us to sign him up for Spring soccer, but since we will be in California, we'll have to find him a team down there. He is also getting really good at telling a fun story. He loves to read (which makes his teacher happy) and I think that it inspires his imagination, because just yesterday he sat down and wrote out a comic strip. And what he comes up with is hilarious! Morgan takes good care of his sisters, but is also a world-class tease! I wonder where he gets it from??? "Stop it!! MORGAN!" is a very familiar phrase at our house! Aaaah, good times!

Avery was doing gymnastics up until a month ago when she asked if she could be done for a while. She is so talented and really was pushing herself to do her best, but the coaches at the gym were draining. They had a really hard time remembering that these are just kids, not college age gymnasts. They want to learn, but to also have fun while they are learning. That wasn't happening and Avery lost her desire to keep going. She still stretches and works on her tumbling so that when we get to California she will be able to pick up where she left off. Hopefully. But for now, she is getting a much needed break! I hope she keeps up with it though, because she is perfect for gymnastics. She is having fun in school and is an excellent student. Her teacher told me that she is going to be really sad to see Avery leave....

Savannah is finally starting to enjoy school...I think. I go to her class on Mondays to help out and be with her, but the rest of the week she is on her own and I think that she is finally adjusting. Just in time for us to move...Yeah (she said sarcastically!) It has been so much fun to see Vannah grow and mature. She is becoming an excellent reader and loves to tell me about her day over a peanut butter and honey sandwich at lunch time. She enjoys playing with her friends and can be quite the little diva!
Although part of me wishes that I could just stop time and keep my kids little forever, another, more mature part of me loves the phase of life that we are in right now and I am looking forward to the phases to come. I have dreams occasionally where I am out shopping for prom dresses with one of my girls....so fun! But, lets just stay in the present!

As for me, I'm excited for California as well. It will be hard to leave all of our family and wonderful friends, but it's not forever and we are only 10 hours away, so it shouldn't be too hard to come back for a visit OR to have all our loved ones come for a visit there! I'm going to try and keep my brain from exploding as we get ready for this move. With four kids in school, a house to clean and pack up, records to transfer, Danny's performances as well as traveling, an arrow of light ceremony.... blah, blah, blah...well, it should make for an interesting February! ;)

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So great to read your catch-up! You'll love CA...I swear that was the best move Matt and I ever made, our marriage became even stronger when we were on our own, with no one but each other. It will really be a great strength for your whole family! And yes, Matt and I are going to try our darndest to come out to see y'all.