Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WE HAVE MOVED!!






So... here I am sitting at my computer wishing that I had more time to feel like I can sit down and blog to my hearts content. And today, my wish came true! Yay! Just wanted to update on a few things that have happened since the last time I updated. I'm a little behind again, but this time it was not my fault! ;) Our move to California was crazy, but it was made worse by the plain and simple fact that the internet company we had planned on working with turned out to not be so good. It took about 2 weeks to work out the mess. Anywho, we're all good now.


Morgan received his Arrow of Light award right before we left...way to go, buddy!

Maddie did a fabulous job in "Beauty and the Beast". For those who didn't get to see it, I'm so sorry. You missed an awesome production!!

We've had friends parties and family gatherings. A few tears shed...okay a lot of tears were shed. What do you expect??? I've never even lived outside of Utah County! So of course I was very sad to be driving away from everything that was familiar to me...not to mention my family and friends. But we are here for a reason, I can feel it in my bones! And so far, California has been very nice. We have met some wonderful people who I feel will become very good friends, the kids are doing well in school and have made some new friends already and the sun has finally decided to come out. There are a few down-sides, like all of the kids dealing with a lot more bad language from their peers and disrespect towards the teachers. Also Maddie was asked by a lazy boy if he could cheat off of her paper. She said "No, that's cheating" and his clever response was, "It is?" And just yesterday she was asked by a boy if he could take her out...to which she replied after a stunned silence... "I don't date!" ;) I love my kids! They are proving themselves stalwart in their faith and I am so very proud of them.

So life is good! Hope everyone is doing well! We love you all!!!

Big Hugs from all of us to all of YOU!!

No comments: